2011年11月21日星期一

Curb the references to Jesus

Pining for your daily Tim Tebow fix after a four-day hiatus? Former Broncos QB Jake Plummer has delivered the latest sound byte to chew on in regards to his polarizing Rocky Mountain successor.

CAPTIONBy Robert Deutsch, USA TODAY

"I'm telling you I came in at the wrong time down there," Plummer, who was pretty mobile himself while winning 39 of 54 starts in Denver, told XTRA Sports 910 in Phoenix on Monday. "(Tebow) is a winner, though. I like that because I think the town and the fans and everybody there -- they are craving a winner. They lost one when I was run out of town.

"They have a belief in the kid. That's really special because they make such a big deal about intangibles and height and arm strength and leaping ability and bench press and 40-time and all this crap that really means nothing when it is crunch time."

Then Plummer decided to weigh in on Tebow's faith ... which is doubtless where most of you will weigh in.

"Tebow, regardless of whether I wish he'd just shut up after a game and go hug his teammates, I think he's a winner and I respect that about him," said Plummer. "I think that when he accepts the fact that we know that he loves Jesus Christ, then I think I'll like him a little better. I don't hate him because of that, I just would rather not have to hear that every single time he takes a good snap or makes a good handoff.

没有评论:

发表评论